Located in the heart of the Burren In County Clare. Forty minutes from both Galway and Shannon. Perched high on its Burren terraced mountainside with what has to be one of the most spectacular views of Galway Bay. It is a must for all who find themselves in the area.
The Burren is a place full of wonder, beauty and discovery. Let the staff at AILLWEE welcome you to the dramatic underworld of this area. Expert guides will accompany and inform you during your leisurely tour. The tour consists of a 30-minute stroll through the beautiful caverns – over bridged chasms, under weird formations and alongside the thunderous waterfall which sometimes gently sprays the unsuspecting visitor! Marvel at the frozen waterfall and explore the now extinct brown bears’ bones (ursos arctos).
The guides will bring you back to the outside world where you can browse and shop in a distinctly different gift shop which is housed in the award-winning complex that guards the entrance to the Burren underground.
At the AILLWEE you can:
- EXPERIENCE ” a fantastic fun filled day” as we make sure you enjoy all we have to offer.
- RELAX in our friendly tearoom with a coffee and freshly baked scone.
- FIND that something special from our extensive range in The Gift Shop.
- EAT the appetizing food from our own kitchen, each prepared from the finest ingredients and each day serving a “Lunch Special”.
- DRINK a glass of wine on the terrace and see the most breathtaking views in Ireland of Galway Bay.
- CLIMB freely over the typical Burren Limestone pavement above the cave to see the spring gentian or mountain aven blooming in profusion.
- WATCH cheese being made in the dairy and then sample the scrumptious homemade fudge and choose a selection of jams, chutneys and pickles all lovingly prepared in the Farm kitchen.